SafeSport Training 2018 Guide and NEW Requirements
US Sailing, in partnership with the USOC, is working towards full participation in the SafeSport program and have increased requirements for 2018. If you took the course in 2017 or earlier you are now required to take the NEW course on or before, December 31, 2018.
WHAT’S NEW for 2018:
- New Requirements- click here to view a list of Covered Individuals for US Sailing Association and those required to take the course
- New Platform- Shorter Course, easier to navigate, less time!!!
Are you a current Instructor or Race Official? if you have Instructor or Race Official Certification at any level and are due for renewal in 2018, you will need to take the SafeSport Course prior to renewing your certification.
Before you take the course and start the registration process you will need to have your
US Sailing Membership ID handy. To retrieve your ID click here
Want to learn more about the SAFESPORT Initiative? Visit the US Sailing website.
What you need to know before you get started:
If this is your first time taking the training click here to register You can find detailed instructions further down the page: REGISTRATION PROCESS
If you took the course in 2017 or earlier, you are required to take the course again on or before December 31, 2018. Unfortunately, the New USOC SafeSport Site is not integrated and earlier information and results did not migrate over to the new platform. For this reason, you may need to clear your cache before registering as your previous login information will not be recognized.
If you run into an error message, try one of these steps first:
- Switch Browsers- ex: if you used Google Chrome last time switch to Internet Explorer or Safari to FireFox and click here: click here to register
1. Have Your US Sailing Membership ID ready and enter it in the Membership ID* field on your screen
2. Hit the Continue
3. On the next screen, you will see some of your US Sailing account information uploaded.
Make sure you check off the box certifying you are the person associated to the Member ID.
4. Hit Save
5. You will be prompted to Check your Email account to confirm.
6.Click on “Confirm Email Address” and proceed to the next step of Registration.
7. Create a Password and Confirm, hit NEXT
8. On the next page Register2: Profile
Fill in all the required information.
At the bottom of the page you will have options to select from: Administrator, Athlete, Coach, Official, Parent or Volunteer. Choose one- the USOC system is not set up to distribute information accordingly at this time.
Next, If your page Shows the US Sailing Logo Hit SAVE You will be directed to the SafeSport Dashboard or landing page - select any one of the Buttons to begin.
You are good to go!
If your page does not show the US Sailing Icon
Your next step will be to Add Membership and click on the +.
9. Select U.S. Sailing from the Organization drop down menu and hit SAVE
10. Enter your US Sailing Member ID and hit Continue
11. You will be directed to the SafeSport Dashboard - select any of the to begin the Training.
For any technical concerns please contact the SafeSport help desk: firstname.lastname@example.org